top of page

Gable Walls - Options for Loft Conversions

What is a Gable?

A Gable is the triangular part at the top of a wall where it meets the roof (the bit the bricklayer is making in the picture above). It may be that the walls of your house need to be built up to form a Gable as part of your Loft Conversion. If this is the case then there are a few options available to you as to how it can be done and which materials and finishes can be used. The illustrations below should help to explain further but please feel free to discuss this, or anything else, with one of our design consultants.

Option 1 - Brick Gable

Bricks are generally used where there is an existing brick wall below. It is the most expensive option and also the one which takes the most time to do.

Option 2 - Block Gable

Blocks are quicker and cheaper to build with than bricks but they need to be finished with a render or cladding. They are most commonly used on houses that are already rendered.

Option 3 - Timber Framed Gable

A timber frame is the quickest and cheapest option. It is usually finished with hanging tiles or slates.

3,829 views0 comments


bottom of page